Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Google
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Korean "Business Meeting"

My Saturday was snapped up by the school. I had a presentation at 10 AM- did an introduction in Hangul! I was pleased the parents understood my Korean.

In the evening, the president of the hagwon insisted foreign teachers from all campuses meet for dinner and drinks. If your head honcho calls a meeting, keep Korean drinking culture in mind. There will likely be drinking games, "bottoms up" every 5 minutes, and it's rude to refuse the first drink. I discuss Korean bar etiquette here.

Don't bother briefing yourself on current events. It won't come in handy. Koreans work hard but play with equal enthusiasm. Prepare pop songs for Karaoke and refrain from eating so your stomach can handle the surplus of beer, soju and drink house food.

1 comment:

Fox said...

Been here in Quebec a year and a half and I can't even order a beer in French. You are a lingo guru.